Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Google Gemini AI Predicts an Unexpected Prediction on Ethereum By The End of 2026

    August 20, 2026

    eXoZymes reports Q2 results (NASDAQ:EXOZ)

    August 20, 2026

    Photos Show Relics Unearthed by Europe’s Dried Rivers

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Hot Paths
    • Home
    • News
    • Politics
    • Money
    • Personal Finance
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Investing
    • Markets
      • Stocks
      • Futures & Commodities
      • Crypto
      • Forex
    • Technology
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Hot Paths
    Home»Money»The Pentagon Is Changing Which Media Outlets Have the Closest Access
    Money

    The Pentagon Is Changing Which Media Outlets Have the Closest Access

    Press RoomBy Press RoomFebruary 2, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    • The Pentagon will replace some large media outlets that have long had desks inside the Pentagon.
    • Outlets like NBC News and The New York Times will lose their space.
    • It’s part of a “rotation program” that allows different media outlets to work from the Pentagon.

    The Defense Department said it is implementing a new “annual media rotation program,” which means some legacy media outlets — like The New York Times and NBC News — will lose their longtime Pentagon workspaces to a slate of new publications.

    In a major shake-up for the Pentagon’s “Correspondents’ Corridor,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Ullyot announced in a memo to the Pentagon Press Association that The New York Times, NBC, National Public Radio, and Politico would all have to vacate their office space in the building.

    The sought-after space will be offered instead to The New York Post, Breitbart News, One America News Network, and The Huffington Post.

    The changes — which the memo said were intended to “broaden access to the limited space of the Correspondents’ Corridor” — are set to take effect on February 14.

    “Each year, one outlet from each press medium — print, online, television, and radio — that has enjoyed working from a physical office in the Pentagon will rotate out of the building to allow a new outlet from the same medium that has not had the unique opportunity to report as a resident member of the Pentagon Press Corps,” the memo read.

    NEW: NBC News, New York Times, NPR and Politico kicked out of their office space at the Pentagon.

    Replaced with One America News, New York Post, Breitbart and HuffPost News.

    A new yearly rotating effort to allow new outlets to be a resident member of the Pentagon Press Corps. pic.twitter.com/UrzVP8Agl5

    — Kellie Meyer (@KellieMeyerNews) February 1, 2025

    Ullyot also said in the memo that access to the Pentagon would remain unchanged for the publications that have been removed from their traditional office spaces.

    “They will continue to enjoy the same media access to the Pentagon and will be able to attend and cover briefings and be considered for travel with civilian and military leaders in the Department as they have previously,” the memo read.

    In a statement to Business Insider, NPR urged the Department of Defense to “expand the offices available to press” at the Pentagon.

    “This decision interferes with the ability of millions of Americans to directly hear from Pentagon leadership, and with NPR’s public interest mission to serve Americans who turn to our network of local public media stations in all 50 states,” the statement read.

    New York Times spokesperson Charlie Stadtlander told BI that the newspaper is “committed to covering the Pentagon fully and fairly.”

    “This move to expel the Times and other independent, fact-based news outlets from the Pentagon’s press spaces is a concerning development,” Stadtlander said. “Steps designed to impede access are clearly not in the public interest.”

    NBC News said in a statement it was “disappointed” by the decision.

    “Despite the significant obstacles this presents to our ability to gather and report news in the national public interest, we will continue to report with the same integrity and rigor NBC News always has,” the outlet said.

    In January, the Senate narrowly confirmed Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth in a 51-50 vote, with Vice President JD Vance casting the tie-breaker after three Republicans joined every Democrat in rejecting his nomination — a significant departure from the broad support that the GOP-controlled Senate has so far granted to most of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet nominees.

    The outlets who will have to vacate their Pentagon workspaces all covered Hegseth’s tumultuous confirmation process, during which he faced questions about alcohol abuse and sexual assault accusations stemming from a 2017 incident.

    Hegseth, who was sworn into his new role on January 25, has denied the allegations.

    The Defense Department’s move also comes as White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt announced earlier this week that the Trump administration would be granting access to the White House press briefing room to “new media” — which includes TikTok content creators and podcasters.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Press Room

    Related Posts

    Photos Show Relics Unearthed by Europe’s Dried Rivers

    August 20, 2026

    Burning Man Adds Smart Glasses Guidelines for First Time

    August 20, 2026

    Micro1 Challenges Google’s Bid for Spirit Airlines’ Data

    August 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    LATEST NEWS

    Google Gemini AI Predicts an Unexpected Prediction on Ethereum By The End of 2026

    August 20, 2026

    eXoZymes reports Q2 results (NASDAQ:EXOZ)

    August 20, 2026

    Photos Show Relics Unearthed by Europe’s Dried Rivers

    August 20, 2026

    Dario Amodei Claude AI Predicts What $1,000 in XRP Could Turn Into by End Of 2030

    August 20, 2026
    POPULAR
    Business

    The Business of Formula One

    May 27, 2023
    Business

    Weddings and divorce: the scourge of investment returns

    May 27, 2023
    Business

    How F1 found a secret fuel to accelerate media rights growth

    May 27, 2023
    Advertisement
    Load WordPress Sites in as fast as 37ms!

    Archives

    • August 2026
    • July 2026
    • June 2026
    • May 2026
    • April 2026
    • March 2026
    • February 2026
    • January 2026
    • December 2025
    • November 2025
    • October 2025
    • September 2025
    • August 2025
    • July 2025
    • June 2025
    • May 2025
    • April 2025
    • March 2025
    • February 2025
    • January 2025
    • December 2024
    • November 2024
    • April 2024
    • March 2024
    • February 2024
    • January 2024
    • December 2023
    • November 2023
    • October 2023
    • September 2023
    • May 2023

    Categories

    • Business
    • Crypto
    • Economy
    • Forex
    • Futures & Commodities
    • Investing
    • Market Data
    • Money
    • News
    • Personal Finance
    • Politics
    • Stocks
    • Technology

    Your source for the serious news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a news site. Visit our main page for more demos.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.