Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Pope Leo Says AI Could Cause ‘Economic Colonialism’

    August 21, 2026

    Centrus Energy CEO sees U.S. military as new market for company’s enriched uranium (LEU:NYSE)

    August 21, 2026

    Things You Should Never Talk About at Work, From Etiquette Experts

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Hot Paths
    • Home
    • News
    • Politics
    • Money
    • Personal Finance
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Investing
    • Markets
      • Stocks
      • Futures & Commodities
      • Crypto
      • Forex
    • Technology
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Hot Paths
    Home»Money»Diddy Judge Hands Mogul Key Win on Accuser Testimony
    Money

    Diddy Judge Hands Mogul Key Win on Accuser Testimony

    Press RoomBy Press RoomApril 18, 2025No Comments5 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Manhattan judge for Sean “Diddy” Combs’ coming sex-trafficking trial dealt the rap entrepreneur an important pretrial victory Friday — barring testimony by two prior accusers.

    The two women, whose names were not revealed in court, would have given jurors “potentially explosive” testimony about uncorroborated prior abuse, some of it stretching back decades, US District Judge Arun Subramanian said.

    The judge added that he will, however, allow federal prosecutors to call a third prior sex-assault accuser to the stand, a woman referred to as “Victim 5” who would testify using her name.

    Victim 5’s testimony may bolster the prosecution’s arguments that Combs intentionally coerced and sexually abused four women already mentioned in the indictment, the judge said.

    Subramanian’s decision on accuser testimony was one of many in a fast-moving court hearing Friday.

    The judge denied Combs’ request to delay the start of the trial for two months. Combs also lost his bid for a much longer juror questionnaire.

    In other wins for Combs, the judge ordered that the defense team can have access to all of the drafts of a memoir written by key prosecution witness Cassie Ventura.

    Ventura, an R&B singer who dated Combs for a decade, will testify next month under her own name.

    The judge also allowed Combs to subpoena Warner Bros for raw footage from interviews of two accusers who appeared in “The Fall of Diddy,” a docuseries that aired in January on the studio’s subsidiary, Max.

    “GREAT JOB!” Combs wrote on an orange sticky note at the end of the hearing, passing it to lead defense attorney Marc Agnifilo.

    After court, Combs was allowed to turn his chair and speak briefly to his mother, Janice, who sat in the audience.

    “I love you,” Combs told her, smiling and sounding cheerful. “Everything is good. I’m feeling good,” he told her.

    “My son? He always looks good to me,” Janice Combs later told Business Insider.


    Sean "Diddy" Combs and his mother, Janice Combs, in 2018.

    Sean “Diddy” Combs and his mother were in court Friday for his pretrial hearing.

    Michael Tran/FilmMagic



    Prosecutors had fought hard last week to add the three new accusers to the trial witness list, arguing that their testimony was vital to the case, even though some of their sexual abuse allegations are decades old and are not part of the indictment itself.

    Combs’ lawyers fought against allowing their testimony, telling the judge that, taken together, the trio’s “horror show” claims of being abused by Combs would be “far worse and far more inflammatory than the charges.”

    Not so, prosecutors had countered in court filings this week.

    Anything the three newly surfaced witnesses would add to their accounts “will be no more inflammatory than the evidence that the jury will already have before it at trial,” prosecutors said.

    Combs’ indictment cites the accounts of four female accusers who suffered “years’ worth of beatings, drug-fueled coercive sex marathons, and multiple rapes,” prosecutors wrote.

    Since his arrest in September, Combs has denied the charges and promised through his lawyers to prove that the behavior charged in the indictment was consensual and that his accusers are financially motivated.

    Related stories

    Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

    Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

    Federal judges often allow testimony about prior abuse

    Since the 1990s, federal judges have commonly allowed sex-crime juries to hear that a defendant may have committed prior sex crimes.

    Two sex assault accusers, Jessica Leeds and Natasha Stoynoff, were allowed to testify at the 2023 E. Jean Carroll defamation trial, at which a federal jury in Manhattan found the now-President Trump liable for sexual abuse. Trump is appealing the verdict.

    In the Combs case, federal prosecutors warned the defense in early March that once the trial begins, they plan to call three additional sex assault “victims” to testify against the rap entrepreneur.

    Prosecutors told the judge in court filings this week that their testimony is necessary to counter Combs’ consensual-sex defense.

    The indictment alleges that over the past two decades, Combs used violence, drugs, and threats to force three girlfriends and a female employee to “fulfill his sexual desires.” To date, only one of the accusers, Ventura, has been named publicly.

    Prosecutors allege that Combs forced his girlfriends to perform in so-called freak offs, elaborately staged and often videotaped sexual performances that could last for days and often involved hired male sex workers.

    The three newly-surfaced accusers would bolster the testimony of the indictment’s four alleged victims by demonstrating Combs’ “history of refusing to take no for an answer,” prosecutors wrote.

    “Thus, when the defendant inevitably argues at trial that he had no clue these four women did not want the sexual experiences that he demanded, the Government should be able to point out that someone as practiced as he is in sexual assault surely recognized the signs of non-consent,” prosecutors wrote.

    The defense fought against letting the three prior accusers anywhere near the jury. Their allegations are “salacious,” unproven, and stretch back into the 1980s, lawyers for Combs complained in their own court filings this week.

    “The government should not be permitted to pollute the trial with decades of dirt,” the defense wrote, saying the only purpose for the proposed testimony would be “painting Mr. Combs as a bad guy who must have committed the charged crimes.”

    Disproving the trio of accusers’ claims “would require weeks-long mini-trials,” the defense also complained.

    If convicted of racketeering and forcible sex trafficking, Combs faces a mandatory minimum of 15 years and a maximum of life in prison.

    Questioning of prospective jurors is scheduled for May 5, with opening statements expected May 12.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Press Room

    Related Posts

    Pope Leo Says AI Could Cause ‘Economic Colonialism’

    August 21, 2026

    Things You Should Never Talk About at Work, From Etiquette Experts

    August 21, 2026

    Tech Leaders Blame China for America’s Anti-AI Backlash

    August 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    LATEST NEWS

    Pope Leo Says AI Could Cause ‘Economic Colonialism’

    August 21, 2026

    Centrus Energy CEO sees U.S. military as new market for company’s enriched uranium (LEU:NYSE)

    August 21, 2026

    Things You Should Never Talk About at Work, From Etiquette Experts

    August 21, 2026

    Everpure in focus as Wedbush ups price target ahead of Q2 results (P:NYSE)

    August 21, 2026
    POPULAR
    Business

    The Business of Formula One

    May 27, 2023
    Business

    Weddings and divorce: the scourge of investment returns

    May 27, 2023
    Business

    How F1 found a secret fuel to accelerate media rights growth

    May 27, 2023
    Advertisement
    Load WordPress Sites in as fast as 37ms!

    Archives

    • August 2026
    • July 2026
    • June 2026
    • May 2026
    • April 2026
    • March 2026
    • February 2026
    • January 2026
    • December 2025
    • November 2025
    • October 2025
    • September 2025
    • August 2025
    • July 2025
    • June 2025
    • May 2025
    • April 2025
    • March 2025
    • February 2025
    • January 2025
    • December 2024
    • November 2024
    • April 2024
    • March 2024
    • February 2024
    • January 2024
    • December 2023
    • November 2023
    • October 2023
    • September 2023
    • May 2023

    Categories

    • Business
    • Crypto
    • Economy
    • Forex
    • Futures & Commodities
    • Investing
    • Market Data
    • Money
    • News
    • Personal Finance
    • Politics
    • Stocks
    • Technology

    Your source for the serious news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a news site. Visit our main page for more demos.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.